Fusion Virtual 7 Series Challenge
As the entire World journeys through these turbulent times of restrictions on gatherings and social distancing, we at Fusion Adventure Races have had to adapt. So… We now present to you our first virtual adventure race, The Fusion Virtual 7 Series Challenge.
Virtually managed, participants will be given one mission per month, for 7 consecutive months to complete. We prepare the course (clearing and marking), you choose the day and time to tackle the Mission during the stipulated 1-Month Mission Window. Additionally, every month, we will be recognising a different cause and assisting accordingly.
“Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T Bennett.
Here is what you need to know about The Fusion Virtual 7 Series Challenge
- It’s an individual challenge, not a team event.
- 1 Mission, every month, for 7 months. Each Mission must be completed and uploaded during its respective 1-Month Mission Window
- It’s a 7-Mission Series. You want fame?..well you will have to complete ALL the Missions. Though outstanding performances at the individual Mission level will be recognized and rewarded.
- If it isn’t on Strava, it never happened – Mission courses, Fusion Club Membership, tracking of your performance and Mission Leaderboards will be hosted on Strava. Strava is one of the World’s leading GPS based activity tracking and social media apps which works seamlessly with most smart phones and watches.
- You can attempt a Mission multiple times during the Mission Window, if you’re tusty, but only your best time will appear on the Mission Leaderboard.
- REGISTRATION is FREE FREE FREE!
- First Mission Starts, November 01, 2020
- First Mission Map Upload via Fusion Club, October 30, 2020
- You are asked to adhere to the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health regarding outdoor exercise activities
- Customized E-Certificates of Participation for athletes successfully completing all 7 Missions. Certificates customized with selfies and scenery pics taken by you while on Mission
- Paid travel and accommodation to compete in next live Fusion Adventure Race, Fusion Tobago – Overall Winner of Series, Male and Female
Missions will be progressive in nature, starting less challenging at a 5KM course and progressively building in difficulty to culminate with a 15KM course as the last (these are estimated distances, and may vary slightly from Mission GPS maps). Our dedicated and experienced Trail Management Team (TMT) will ensure that all Mission courses are cleared, marked and safe, prior to opening of the Mission Window. Terrain will be trail, road, or a combination of both.
How It Works
We have set up a Strava Club, Fusion Adventure Race and we outline below how the virtual races will work.
- Register for the event for free at https://raceroster.com/events/2020/34343/fusion-virtual-7-series-challenge
- Create a Strava account
- Search for the club Fusion Adventure Race and join the club
- A course segment will be uploaded to Strava and shared via social media and our website www.fusionadventurerace.com to be completed during the identified month. Complete the course during the month identified using your GPS tracking device. There are readily available options for Garmin, Zwift, Wadhoo, Polar, Apple Watch, Suunto, Amazfit, Fitbit, Samsung, Peloton, Bryton, Pioneer, Trainerroad, Sigma and Lezyne
- Upload activity to your profile in Strava, with a pic or two of your choice
- Connect the uploaded activity to the course segment that was shared